Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mine

Prompt: Draw a window and climb through - what do you see?

That kid Harold with his purple crayon
changed walls into worlds.
Mine would be green and I'd draw mountains of all sizes
and great green lakes fed by sinuous turquoise rivers.
Spinach would grow in tidy rows near the lettuces
and corn stalks would thrive, sturdy and tasseled.
Overhead the willow trees would hold their umbrellas of green
Shading my book as I read, and the whole green circle
Of earth would be my bed.

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles...i love that it all comes from a kid with a crayon...creating worlds...this made me smile...

Gary said...

You know I love me my children's books so this really works for me! I think my crayon would be green too.

Anonymous said...

I'd crawl through a round window to see my life in another world where I'd chosen music over photography.