Sunday, April 30, 2017



I came to an apple tree
on my walk last night.
A fresh breeze blew across the pond
setting the boughs dancing.
The faces of the open blossoms
laughed in the evening sun
and held fast to the tiny buds.
Up and own they bobbed
as merry as children at play.
They would not stay still for the camera,
so when I looked later at the photos
all I could see was a blur
of pink and white joy.
Only the effects of wind
can be captured in a picture;
the wind itself is forever free,
like the wild joy I felt
watching the blossoms dance.
The laughter I heard

-->
may well have been my own.

2 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Always nice to be happy with what you found, and not disappointed by a simple blurred shot. The experience and savoring the smells will last forever.

Pauline said...

OOTP - I took a good many more, all blurry because the wind caused the branches to dance. I kept them all :)