Ready and waiting for some serious nap time!
In the past four days I've been:
- wakened at midnight by a marauding fox (it was after the cat but settled for a duck that didn't make it into the duck house in time);
- stuck in traffic on I-495, making my usual 2-1/2 hour trip to see the grandkids into a 3-1/2 hour nightmare complete with 88 degree temps and no air conditioning in the car;
- a cheerleader at my granddaughter S's gymnastics show, my grandson J's baseball game, S's marathon Father's Day round-robin softball tournament and an afternoon of poolside napping in the heat while the grands swam and played in the water (their parents were on duty);
- a delighted (and well-fed) guest at parties for my two sons' birthdays, and a Father's Day cookout;
- a happy participant at a riverside picnic;
- a willing chauffeur for my eldest son while he's visiting from the West Coast.
Tomorrow is clean-the-cottage-weed-the-gardens-do-the-laundry-and-shopping day, Thursday is mini-family and friends reunion day, and Friday we are off to northern Vermont for B's 25th high school reunion and a visit to my friend who, at 102, has been quite ill.
I'm waving at you all. Back next week, right after I take a really LONG nap :)