Saturday, June 02, 2012

If you Don't See Me...



"I am just going outside and may be some time." 
       -- Captain Lawrence Oates


It's raining and usually rainy days are blog days. If I can't be out of doors, I don't mind sitting and pondering indoors, but there's a lot going on in the next few weeks. I'm ten working days from retirement, the material for my daughter's wedding dress is spread across the dining room table waiting patiently while I master the intricacies of my new sewing machine, the garden is planted but needs constant attention as the weeds are flourishing along with the vegetables, and as my daughter, her fiance, and the Bean have just moved house, I will be on the road between here and there as often as possible to lend a hand getting them settled before the wedding at the end of the month. (Pausing to wipe sweat from brow.) 

As weather and events allow, I'll be around to read and comment and hopefully to write - but if you don't see me here for a bit just look for the blur I've momentarily become!


11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

well here is to hoping we get an occassional rain here or there to see you...smiles...but it sounds like you have some fun things to keep you busy..

Judith said...

You will do it all, I have every confidence.
Onward!

Out on the prairie said...

Nice to take a bit of time for yourself. You sound very busy.

Tabor said...

Here is hoping you survive this month!! EGad!

Friko said...

Don't just work yourself to a mere shadow of your former self, enjoy some of it - all of it, if possible.

See you when I see you.

Kerry said...

The next few weeks sound mighty busy for you! Take care of yourself and enjoy.

Hilary said...

What a busy but happy time. Enjoy and don't worry about the blog world. Summer is typically a slower time, anyway. And we'll all be here to greet you upon your return.

Anne said...

It sounds overwhelming but happy. I hope the weather cooperates. Good luck with the dress!

goatman said...

"Cloud Hidden, Whereabouts Unknown"
Alan Watts

Anonymous said...

You have a list of great excuses! Can't wait to hear more about all of them when you return!!

red dirt girl said...

Congratulations Pauline on all your good news! Will be thinking of you.

xxx