Friday, April 06, 2012

Bending the Rules

Today's prompt: Write a simple poem about writing with simplicity.


I am manipulating the prompt here, I know (and this is one prompt I may come back to after this month of once-a-day poetry is over), but the sample poem was written by Mary Oliver and after reading it, I couldn't think of a thing to say. 




The Art of Perusing the Dictionary
(and writing a simple poem)

open
search
discard

find
consider
claim

ponder
scribble
toss

decide
compose
offer





6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

single
words
descend

children
sliding
down

their
laughter
melodic

dont
understand
either

ha

Out on the prairie said...

Some fun thoughts to share

Friko said...

read
ponder
agree
accept

Gillian Olson said...

read
consider
enjoy

Pauline said...

this is why I love you guys!

Judith said...

I
can
only
read