Sunday, October 07, 2007

Borrowed Meme

Never in my life have I - learned to swim underwater but it’s on my list of things to do before I die

When I am nervous - my stomach flutters

The last song I listened to was - Green Eyes by Misty River. It has a haunting melody that I can’t get out of my head

My hair is - almost long enough to be donated to Locks of Love

When I was four - I broke my collarbone falling down the stairs

Last Christmas - I celebrated three times in three different places

I should be - cleaning the cottage right now but here I am, playing

When I look down I see - where my feet are going


The happiest recent event was - reading my poetry aloud to a crowd of congenial poets at an open mic night and just before that was a surprise shoreline cruise on an ocean liner and right before that was an afternoon-long motorcycle ride through the hazy autumn sunshine and before that was the trip to Oregon where my son and I camped among the redwoods. I’m happy a lot


















By this time, next year - who knows? It’s the mystery that keeps me going

My current distress is - wanting to retire but having to work

I have a hard time understanding - quantum physics but it fascinates me nonetheless

If I won an award, the first person I would tell is - whichever of my children answered the phone first

I want to buy a - new winter coat, down-filled with a fur-trimmed hood

I plan on visiting - my grandchildren. My granddaughter will be seven at the end of the month

The world could do without - hatred born of fear

The most recent thing I bought myself is - a pair of Crocs

The most recent thing that someone else bought for me was - a shoreline cruise ticket

My middle name is - not about to be revealed

In the morning I - sip tea and watch the sun rise

Last night I was so tired I - fell asleep with the light on and my book still open and unread

There is this guy I know who - is teaching me to fly

If I were an animal, I would be a - cat, independent and sleek and jungle-minded

A better name for me would be - you know, I’ve never liked my name but I’ve never come up with one that fits, either

Tomorrow, I am - having homemade pea soup. The stock is simmering on the back burner now

Tonight, I am - going to sit up to read…

4 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

That coat sounds like as good one for that wicked yard duty!

My hair is a tad longer than yours but I won't get it cut to donate since it's been highlighted and they won't take any chemicals. I look horrible with short hair!

I'm coming back as a cat! Such a great life.

I thought Pauline is the prettiest name and named a doll Pauline when I ws a kid. Ruth sounds so plain and hum-drum..many call me Ruthie or Roothie as I write just to be silly and rhyme with my dad's pet name, "Roothie Toothie"!

snowsparkle said...

fun meme! it looks like it will take a bit of thought for me... you are very clever with your answers. i'll give it a try over the next week. thanks for the tag and for sharing this here. it' nice to see you and your son happy in the redwoods!
big hugs,
snowsparkle

Lee said...

A nice filling out of my images of you.

(The left overs of my pea soup is in the fridge to be reheated for lunch.)

meggie said...

A nice getting-to-know-you meme.
Looks like you had a great time camping.